There are quite a few recipes with berries on my blog already. Because I simply love them so much! And they are so good for you 🙂
This week I’ve been doing another freezer challenge, trying to use up some of its contents. Like my little berry stash that needs reducing. At the same time I have been thinking about another semifreddo recipe…
You can find a recipe for vegan Hazelnut Chocolate Semifreddo on the blog already. Now I tried something completely different, with a flavour combination of vanilla cream and berries. One of my favourite combos!
Completely vegan, gluten-free and only sweetened with dates, this recipe is super easy to make. It doesn’t require an ice-cream machine. But a high-speed blender is essential. If you are looking for one, you can find a review about one of my favourite blenders in my blog post here (contains advertising).
For a 20cm loaf tin:
For the vanilla cream:
• 150g dates, pitted & chopped
• 500ml water
• 150g cashews or blanched almonds
• 3 tbsp tapioca
• 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
For the berry drizzle:
• 100g raspberries
• 50g blueberries
• 70g dates, pitted & finely diced
• extra 50g blueberries
1. For the vanilla cream, first blend dates and water until smooth. Then add remaining ingredients and blend long enough for it to turn creamy and heat up (alternatively heat it up in a small pot).
2. While the vanilla cream cools down, place the ingredients for the berry drizzle in a pot. Leave the extra 50g blueberries aside. Bring the berries to the boil and let simmer for a few minutes. Then blend with a stick blender until smooth and let cool down.
3. Once cooled down, stir in extra blueberries. Line a 20cm loaf tin with baking paper. Drizzle with some berry sauce. Add some vanilla cream. Repeat until both are used up.
4. Place in freezer until firm. Should you leave it in the freezer for longer, let defrost for about half an hour before serving.