Super easy bread rolls, that are not only vegan and gluten-free, but also without yeast.
• 70g cooked pumpkin or kumara (sweet potato), preferably orange
• 350ml water
• 4 tbsp psyllium fiber husk
• 100g rice flour
• 100g buckwheat flour
• 30g corn (maize) flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 220°C top-/bottom heat.*
2. Shortly blend pumpkin with water. Then add psyllium fiber husk and blend again until smooth. Set aside.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Stir in the pumpkin mixture and knead until it forms a dough.
4. Form the buns with cold, wet hands and place on baking tray. If you like, sprinkle with rice flour and lightly cut in length.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until they brown up lightly.
*I use a fairly old electric stove. Once I place the tray in the oven, the temperature drops down to 170°C and then slowly goes up to 200°C. I recommend an oven thermometer.
Keywords: bread rolls, vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, without yeast