Have you tried my recipe for Strawberry Vanilla Cookies yet? Strawberries are not in season? More of a chocolate fan? Well, here is a version that uses chocolate chips and is just as yummy! 🙂
These choc chip cookies have a deliciously soft and chewy texture. As always they are vegan, gluten-free and without refined sugar.
I don’t use chocolate chips that much because it is hard to find sugar-free ones. So it’s more of an occasional thing for me. These cookies aren’t too sweet, feel free to add some more sweetener of your choice.
Makes approx. 9 cookies:
1 cup (140g) rice flour
1/4 cup (35g) buckwheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup (70g) cashews
3 tablespoon coconut sugar
1/2 cup (125ml) water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence or paste
1 handful of chocolate chips (alternatively chopped chocolate)
1. Sift rice flour, buckwheat flour and baking powder into a bowl.
2. Blend cashews, coconut sugar, water and vanilla essence in a powerful mini-blender until smooth.
3. Transfer the mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix to dissolve. It should form a moist ball of dough. Cover and place in fridge for 20 minutes. In the meantime, preheat oven to 200°C (top/bottom heat).
4. Take dough out of fridge and knead until it is soft and easy to form. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Using a spoon, scoop small portions into your hand and form the cookies. Should it be sticky, dip your hands into cold water and clean off any dough.
6. Place on baking paper lined tray and bake covered with a piece of baking paper, aluminium foil (which you can reuse several times) or an oven-proof lid, for approx. 15 minutes or until the cookies turn golden.
7. Enjoy warm or store in fridge. Enjoy! 🙂