Summer is almost here, my garden is growing sooo fast! Lots of fresh salad is to be enjoyed. And lately I’m totally into this vegan herbal salad dressing – because all these herbs and flowers are waking up in my garden.
It tastes sooo delicious, it is super easy to make and also sooo pretty to look at. There are so many edible flowers, we should use them more often I think (but leave some for the bees of course) 🙂
I already shared this recipe on my Instagram, but I thought it has to be on the blog too. It’s just too yummy. And have I mentioned how easy it is to make? 🙂
Please view this recipe as a base for your own creations. it is really versatile and works with different ingredients.
The base of this dressing is:
1/4 cup cashews (or other nuts)
1/4 cup water
OR some plant-based yogurt (I looove Raglan coconut yogurt)
1 to 2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar (or other sweetener)
salt and pepper to taste
a bunch of herbs (my favourites: parsley and dill)
additional options: chopped spring onions and/or minced garlic…
1. If using the nut option, blend cashews with water until smooth (a small bullet blender is best for this).
2. Transfer creamed cashews (or yoghurt) to a dressing jug or serving bowl.
3. Add apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar, salt & pepper to taste and stir well to combine.
4. Then either shortly blend some herbs or chopped them finely and stir into the dressing as well.
5. Store chilled until serving. Use within approx. 3 days of making.