Strange things are happening in my garden! Autumn is settling in but I have a massive cherry tomato plant in the garden. It planted itself thanks to the compost that I spread around in spring. And it grew into this massive bush! Unbelievable!
Tomatoes always make me think of pasta. And so it happened that I saw this recipe by The Pesky Vegan. It sounded so yummy and oh yeah, it is! He uses lemon peel and lemon juice. What a flavor explosion that was! You can find the recipe, called Easy Cheesy Pasta Sauce here.
After that amazing flavour experience, I kept thinking about this sauce. And when I made it again, I decided to add a few of my favourite ingredients for pasta sauce: vegetables! Oh my! It was very yummy too 🙂
And it’s super easy to make! You can mix it with the freshly boiled, hot pasta or heat it up in a separate little pot. But you can also have it raw as a dip. I’m so excited about this! And of course it vegan, gluten-free and once again oil-free. A big Thank You to The Pesky Vegan for this inspiration! 🙂
For 2 big portions:
• 100g cashews (or sunflower seeds – these need soaking in water for approx. 6 hours though)
• 150ml water
• 150g zucchini
• 100g carrot
• 20g celery (or more if you like)
• zest & juice of 1/2 lemon
• 1 garlic clove
• 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
• 2-3 tbsp ground paprika
• 1 tsp coconut sugar
• a few pinches ground chili
• salt to taste
1. In a blender, simply blend all ingredients until smooth.
2. You can either mix it with the freshly cooked, still hot pasta. Or heat it up up in a small pot.
3. Tastes very well with roasted veges or as a dip.