While I already have a recipe for raspberry ice-cream, or should I say nice-cream on my blog, this recipe here is rather rich and extra creamy. It’s a real eye candy too 🙂
This recipe for raspberry ice-cream is as always vegan, gluten-free and without refined sugar. And this time it is also free from cashews or coconut! The secret ingredient is blanched almonds.
I recommend to use an ice-cream maker for this recipe, but you could also make it in a high-speed blender or simply freeze it and stir every now and then. For instructions on how to make it in a high-speed blender please look here.
Makes approx. 1.5 liter:
3/4 cup (105g) blanched almonds, soak for at least 8 hours in water then rinse and drain
1 1/4 cup (180g) dates, pitted and diced
4 cups (1000ml) water
a handful of raspberries for garnish
1. Place all ingredients but the raspberries in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
2. If you wish to add a few almond cream swirls into the ice-cream, take aside about 1/2 cup of the almond cream.
3. Add raspberries and blend until smooth.
4. Transfer to ice-cream maker and let churn until it is firm enough.
5. Place one layer of raspberry ice-cream into a glass container. Then drizzle with almond cream and extra raspberries. Continue until ice-cream, almond cream and raspberries are finished.
6. Place in freezer to firm up a little more. If you let it in the freezer for longer, allow it to defrost for half an hour or so before serving.