Kale is one of my staples. I like it in green breakfast smoothies, but also in soup! Not matter if summer or winter, it is always great for a light or a warming meal 🙂
For 2 portions you’ll need:
4 small to medium potatoes (400g)
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon whole coriander
20 drops liquid smoke
salt & pepper to taste
3 cups water
5-6 large kale leaves (or more)
1. Peel and chop the potatoes into small cubes. Peel and chop half of the onion into small cubes. Wash the kale, trim off the thick stalks and then pluck it into smaller chunks.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a medium sized pot and cook the onions until they turn golden. Then add the coriander and let cook for a few more minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add 3 cups water and bring to boil. Once it is boiling, add the potatoes and cook until tender (about 15 minutes).
4. When the potatoes are soft, add the kale leave chunks and stir through the hot liquid. You don’t really need to let it cook, it is just fine if they only wilt.
5. Take the pot of the stove and blend it with a stick blender. Add liquid smoke and season with salt & pepper to your taste. Sometimes I like it with some extra cashew cream and chili flakes.
…and if you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you 😉