I am really good at cooking too many potatoes. But that doesn’t really worry me. You can transform them into a naughty fry-up. Or, the more healthy option, you can make a salad with them! 🙂
I love to add cucumber, heaps of parsley as well as onion. It creates a light and refreshing salad. Perfect for those warmer days of the year or for the classic German New Year’s Eve dish 😉
For 4 medium portions you’ll need:
500g boiled potatoes
1 medium sized cucumber
1 bunch parsley
1/2 small onion & 3-4 spring onion greens
OR 4 whole spring onions
1-2 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2-3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoon olive oil
1. Chop the potatoes into slices or cubes and put aside. Cut the parsley and onion and place into a medium sized bowl.
2. Chop the spring onion greens into fine rings (scissors work well here) and add to the bowl.
3. Cut the cucumber into fine slices and add to the bowl.
4. Press the garlic through a garlic press into the bowl, add salt, pepper, vinegar and lemon juice and mix well. Stir everything well and then add the potatoes.
5. Leave aside for at least 1 hour and add the olive oil before dishing up. It also tastes great with some Angels Food Smokonut sprinkled on top.