I just love potatoes. And chili. And garlic. So why not combine these three ingredients into an easily prepared meal that spices up your day?
At the farmers market, there is this organic grower who sells super yummy Agria potatoes. Now I’ve used these for the wedges and they came out so perfectly!
The cashewoli is inspired by aioli, but without dairy and egg. I promise, you won’t even miss it. I absolutely love garlic and have it pretty much every day. If you are not so fond of it, I recommend using less than shown in the ingredient’s list below.
For two portions you’ll need:
For the potato wedges:
800 g potatoes (preferably Agria)
some cooking oil (or oil-free if desired)
1 teaspoon chili powder
salt to taste (I use 2 pinches)
For the cashewoli:
1/2 cup (70g) cashews (soaked in filtered water for at least 6 hours then drained)
1/4 cup water
2-3 garlic cloves (or less)
1 teaspoon whole seed mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Peel and wash the potatoes. Then cut them into wedges.
2. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the potato wedges onto it. Mix the oil with the chili powder in a small cup. Brush the oil onto the potato wedges. Place the tray in the oven and bake for approx. 20minutes.
3. In the meantime, peel and mince the garlic and put into a small bowl. Blend the cashews with 1/4 cup water and pour into the bowl. Add mustard and salt and pepper to taste. I also like to add some chives, if available.
4. After approx. 20 minutes, take the potatoes out of the oven and brush them with the remaining oil.
5. Bake for another 10 minutes or until crisp and golden-brown. Sprinkle with salt immediately after taking the tray out of the oven.