Yes, I do love frozen treats! And I don’t necessarily pay attention to what kind of season it is, when it comes to enjoying them 😉
When I was a kid I used to love those after dinner mint chocolates. That flavour of peppermint and chocolate seemed so delicious. Turns out you can create a very similar flavour in the form of an vegan and gluten-free mint & chocolate ice-pop! 🙂
To make the green color you can use either fresh mint, or spinach with a few drops of mint essential oil.
You can find the ice pop mold here.
For approx. 10 ice-pops you’ll need:
1/2 cup (70g) soaked cashews (for a nut-free version omit the cashews and use plant-based milk instead of water)
2 1/4 cup (560ml) water
1 cup (140g) dates, pitted
one handful of fresh mint or spinach
3-5 drops essential mint oil (if needed)
For the chocolate:
40g cacao, melted
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon finely ground coconut sugar
2 tablespoon FAIR-TRADE cacao or cocoa powder
cacao nibs if desired
1. Blend all ingredients for the ice pops in a high speed blender until smooth, but add the greens towards the end.
2. Pour into ice pop molds, place lid on top, insert popsicle sticks and place in freezer until set.
3. Once ice pops are frozen, take them out of the molds and place in freezer.
4. Prepare the chocolate drizzle by mixing all ingredients in a cup that has been placed in a bowl with hot water. Stir well until dissolved.
5. Take ice pops out of freezer and drizzle with chocolate (using a teaspoon), sprinkle with cacao nibs if desired. Please note: the sauce will be enough to cover one side of each popsicle. If you wish to cover both sides better double the amount.
6. Place in container in freezer or serve immediately.
Please let me know what you think about this recipe, I’d love to hear from you! 🙂
This post contains affiliate links for Prepworks by Progressive Freezer Pop Maker.