This is one of my latest, favourite recipes. I’ve been trying an oil-free version for potato wedges for a while now. Then I thought I give it a go with kumara (sweet potato) instead. The advantage is that kumara doesn’t need precooking or steaming.
I like it crispy and spicy and these wedges tick all the boxes! They are super easy to make and can lift up a fair amount of dishes. I love it in combination with fresh salad, yum! 🙂
For 2 portions you’ll need:
6 medium sized kumara (approx. 600g)
1 tablespoon gluten-free bread crumbs
1 teaspoon smoked paprika or ordinary paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Give the kumara a good scrub and dab them dry with a clean dish towel.
2. Make sure you have the spices and seasoning at hand before you cut the kumara into wedges. The thinner they are, the crispier they will get.
3. Chuck the wedges into a medium sized pot, sprinkle with spices and seasoning. Put lid on top and give it a very good shake until the wedges are nicely covered with seasoning.
4. Line baking tray with baking paper and place wedges on it.
5. Bake for approx. 10 before flipping them over. Then bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.