I think pumpkin spice and me are becoming friends now 🙂 My latest project was to bake something with it. I decided to try some kind of self-saucing pumpkin spice pudding. And boy, it was delicious! Kind of like cinnamon rolls, but out of a mug… The perfect treat for a winter afternoon…or a summer day that actually isn’t like summer at all 😉
For 2 200ml ramekins you’ll need:
For the pudding:
1/4 cup (35g) rice flour
1/4 cup (35g) buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon psyllium fiber husk
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1-2 pinches salt
80g raw butternut squash, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup (105g) dates, pitted
1/2 cup water
For the sauce:
3 dried apricots or other dried fruit
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C top-/bottom heat.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
3. Blend the ingredients for the sauce until smooth. I like to use a small blender like the Personal Blender for this step.
4. Then blend butternut squash, dates and water until smooth. Transfer to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Pour even portions of the sauce into the ramekins until you have about one teaspoon of sauce left.
6. Scoop even portions of the dough into the ramekins. Then drizzle with remaining sauce.
7. Place in the oven and bake for approx. 5-10 minutes, then cover with a loosely placed sheet of aluminum foil and bake for another 5 minutes, or until an inserted tester comes out clean.
8. Serve while warm and enjoy! 🙂