Yes, my relationship with fruity flavours paired with chocolate is still growing. It is actually doing pretty well and I’m becoming more confident with it.
This no-bake raspberry chocolate torte has quite an unusual flavour combination. The slightly tart raspberries combined with dark chocolate flavour certainly kick your tastebuds. You also get a good portion of antioxidants with each slice 🙂
If you think, you are not a big fan of combining raspberry with chocolate, then you might want to start with a more subtle version, like in this recipe for no-bake raspberry vanilla chocolate cake.
As always, this recipe is vegan, gluten-free and without refined sugar. It is relatively easy to make and doesn’t require many ingredients. You will need a high-speed blender with a tamper.
Makes one 18cm spring-form:
For the crust:
1 cup (150g) hazelnuts (soak them in filtered water for at least 8 hours, the rinse and drain)
1 1/4 cup (200g) dates, pitted and diced
1/4 cup (25g) desiccated coconut
1/2 + 1 tablespoon (60g) FAIR-TRADE cacao or cocoa powder
up to 1/4 cup (60ml) water, start with less and use more if needed
For the raspberry layer:
2 cups (220g) raspberries
1 1/2 cup (210g) cashews (soak them in filtered water for at least 4 hours, the rinse and drain)
3/4 cup (105g) dates, pitted and diced
25g cacao butter, melted
1. Pulse the hazelnuts to fine crumbles and transfer to a bowl. Pulse the dates to small pieces and add to the bowl.
2. Sift in the cacao or cocoa powder and mix well. Add just enough water to make a moist dough that is easy to knead.
3. Line the springform with baking paper and scoop half of the dough into the form. Spread it evenly and press it firm.
4. Prepare the raspberry cream by first blending the raspberries with the dates. Then add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. It might pay to use a tamper to get the mixture moving.
5. Spread approx. half of the amount of the raspberry cream into the springform. Then place springform in freezer until the filling is relatively firm (approx. 1 to 2 hours).
6. Scoop the remaining dough into the springform and press it firm. Then spread the remaining raspberry cream into the form. Garnish if desired (I used dehydrated raspberry and desiccated coconut).
7. Place in freezer until firm (approx. 4 to 6 hours). Then let thaw a little before cutting slice. Keep chilled until serving.