My latest creation for all you chocolate lovers! How does a combination of chocolate cookie and chocolate custard sound to you? Well, to me it sounded absolutely delicious. This is how this recipe came to be… 🙂
The crunchy, crispy chocolate crust pairs beautifully with the sweet and chocolaty custard. And these chocolate custard tartlets are vegan and gluten-free 🙂
For 6 tartlets you’ll need:
For the crust:
1/4 cup (65g) tahini
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup (80g) coconut sugar
1/2 cup (65g) corn flour (maize flour)
1/2 cup (50g) FAIR-TRADE cocoa powder
1/4 cup (35g) rice flour
1 tablespoon psyllium fiber husk
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the custard:
2 cups dairy-free mylk
1/4 cup (40g) coconut sugar
1/4 cup FAIR-TRADE cocoa powder
2 tablespoon (20g) tapioca starch
25g cocoa or cacao butter
1. For the crust, whisk the tahini, water and coconut sugar in a medium sized bowl until well dissolved.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients for the crust. Stir into the bowl with the tahini-sugar-water mixture. Mix well and knead with your hands until you can form it into a ball. Place in fridge for half an hour.
3. After the dough has rested in the fridge, knead it a little more in your hands. Then cut into half. Form three even portions of each half and place in muffin tin. Press it evenly, pulling it up the sides as well.
4. Place in fridge again while preheating the oven to 190°C. Then bake for approx. 10 minutes. and let then cool down on a cooling rack.
5. For the chocolate custard, take half a cup of the dairy-free mylk aside and mix it with the remaining ingredients, except the cocoa butter (if your cocoa is quite clumpy, sift it before mixing).
6. Bring the remaining mylk (1 1/2 cup) in a small pot to the boil, stirring occasionally. Once it is boiling, pour in the chocolate mixture as well as the cocoa butter and stir well. Bring to the boil again and let simmer for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
7. Scoop even portions of the chocolate custard into the chocolate shells and let cool down before serving. I used some grated chocolate and desiccated coconut for garnish.