When I was kid, my mom would sometimes make me this nice chocolate pudding, especially when I was not feeling well. I always loved it! It has something special about it that no supermarket pudding can give you.
When I grew up, I realized that there wasn’t too much needed to make this treat. In Germany, you can buy ready made packets which only need sugar and milk added.
But I decided to do it completely from scratch. You actually don’t need that many ingredients. Once again, cashew nuts are the essential part. How did I manage to live without them? 🙂
For 2 very hungry monsters or 4 humble portions you’ll need:
• 60g macadamias (or cashews, almonds, hazelnuts…)
• 80g dates
• 2 heaped tbsp FAIR-TRADE cocoa powder
• 2 heaped tbsp cornstarch OR potato starch
• 1 pinch salt (optional)
• 500ml water
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
2. Pour mixture into a small pot. Gently bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
3. Once it has thickened up and simmers lightly, either serve while still hot or let set in