There are so many recipes for bliss balls out there. But I still have to share my favourite recipe with you! Because they are such an incredibly easy and quick solution to whip up some delicious, filling, healthier, vegan and gluten-free snack.
And please view this recipe just a base for so many variations.
There are so many options. I’ll list a few inspirations below:
- Replace cocoa / cacao powder with a teaspoon of cinnamon (while using less water).
- Use other dried fruit instead of dates (apricots, apples, plums, you name it)
- Roll them in chopped pistachios for a cute green tinge, or use freeze dried fruit powder.
- For a nut-free option use sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, but make sure to still soak them overnight.
Makes approx. 16 bliss balls:
1 cup (150g) nuts, soak them in filtered water for at least 8 hours, then rinse and drain
1 cup (140g) dates, pitted and diced
1/4 to 1/2 cup (25g to 50g) FAIR-TRADE cacao or cocoa powder
approx. 1/4 cup water
I used some desiccated coconut and ground, freeze dried raspberries to garnish.
1. Pulse the nuts in a high-speed blender to fine crumbles and transfer to a medium sized bowl.
2. Pulse dates to fine crumbles and add to the bowl.
3. Sift in cacao or cocoa powder and stir well.
4. Add just enough water until the dough becomes moist and sticky.
5. Roll bliss balls and place aside. Roll in garnish of your choice.