The strawberries in my garden are starting to slow down. So, before they’re gone, it’s time to celebrate by using these pretty little fruits in a special dish! 🙂
After my No Bake Cherry Cake was so successful I’ve tried a variation with strawberries. It turned out as yummy as I had hoped!
Who would think when looking at this decadent creation, that it is even vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free? And no baking required! This recipe doesn’t require many ingredients and is perfect for a special occasion.
For a 18cm / 7inch cake pan you’ll need:
For the crust:
3-4 cup (110g) almonds, soak in water for 8 hours, then rinse and drain
1/2 cup (70g) dates and diced
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
For the filling:
70g dates, pitted
20g cacao butter, melted
1 1/2 cups (210g) cashews, soaked for approx. 4 hours, rinsed and drained
For the topping:
1/2 cup (70g) cashew nuts (soaked for at least 6 hours and drained)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
10g cacao butter, melted
1. For the crust, in a powerful blender pulse the almonds and dates to fine crumbles. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in ground flax seed and mix well.
2. Line the cake tin with baking paper. Spread the dough evenly and press it firm.
3. For the strawberry layer, blend 150g of the strawberries with dates and cacao butter until smooth. Then add cashews and blend once again. You may need a tamper for this step.
4. Chop up the remaining strawberries and mix them with the strawberry cream. Spread the cream evenly in the cake tin.
5. For the vanilla layer, blend all ingredients until smooth (a smaller powerful bullet blender is ideal for this step). Pour the vanilla layer over the strawberry layer.
6. Place in freezer until firm ((approx. 5 hours). Let thaw a little before cutting slices, then store chilled until serving.